When we refer to 'we’ (or 'our’ or 'us’), that means ARC - ATHLETE RECOVERY.
ARC - ATHLETE RECOVERY is based out of Bengaluru, Karnataka (India)
Privacy notice overview
This Privacy Notice describes how and why we, as Data Controllers, obtain, store and process personal data. 'Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We commit to processing your personal data fairly, lawfully, and transparently. In the spirit of data privacy principles, we will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, to:
- Provide our services
- Improve our services
- Make our marketing more relevant
- Meet our legal responsibilities
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions in addition to the information provided in this Privacy Notice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we collect
Depending on the type and level of engagement you have with us, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Identifying and Demographic Information: such as your full name, date of birth, email address and phone number (if provided)
- Billing Information: such as payment preferences, address, bank account details (if provided)
- Communications: such as a records of our interactions with you using one or multiple of the following; direct messages, emails, posts, phone conversations
- User Feedback: while using our services, occasionally you may be asked to provide feedback. Providing this feedback is entirely optional.
When you visit our website, we collect technical data such as:
- Usage data: (if permitted) we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our website.
- Cookies: (if permitted) your IP Address and other information provided to us by cookies. While our services are designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 16 or sell products to children. If you are under the age of 16, you are not permitted to use or submit your data to the website.
How we collect your data
We may collect your personal data in one of the following ways:
- When you create an account with us
- When you provide additional information directly into our products and services
- When you visit our website
- When you express an interest to use our services
- When you contact us for service related queries
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you review our services
- When you interact with our website
- When you apply for an employment vacancy with us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter or blog
- When you contact us with queries using our website chatbot
- When you buy products/services using our online checkout
We may also receive data about you from various third parties, including:
- Technical data from analytics providers.
- Technical data from our website and cookies providers.
- Contact and/or transactional data from our trusted third party providers.
How we use your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it. We will only collect personal data from you when:
- We have your consent to do so, or
- We need your personal data to perform a contract with you, or
- We are pursuing our legitimate interests in a way that you might reasonably expect to be a part of running our business and that does not significantly impact your interests, rights, and freedoms.
- We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you (for example, in suspected instances of fraud we may need to give personal data to relevant government bodies).
Why we process your personal data
We process your personal data in order to fulfill any of the activities below:
- Setting up an account with us
- Providing, operating, and maintaining our services
- Providing communications to existing customers or subscribed users
- Processing and completing transactions, and sending related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices
- Managing our customers’ use of our services, responding to enquiries and comments, and provide customer service and support
- Sending customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to our services, and other illegal activities
How we share your data
We sometimes share your personal data with our trusted categories of third parties we use to conduct our business. Our trusted categories of third parties include:
- Website provider
- Cloud service (SaaS) providers
- Social media providers
- Professional services providers (e.g., our lawyers, accountants, and insurance providers)
- E-marketing providers
- Advertising providers
- Recruitment partners
- Payment providers
As part of fraud monitoring and prevention, we may be legally required to share your personal data with government bodies and law enforcement. Please note that these bodies may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose.
We may send you marketing communications, product information and promotional offers:
- If you have consented to receiving such communications from us, or
- If you have recently created an account with us and not opted out of receiving such communications from us, or
- If you have bought a product or service from us and have not opted out of receiving communications from us.
- You will always have full control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us at any time:
- You can unsubscribe or 'opt-out’ by using the unsubscribe link included in the footer of any marketing message from us; or
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our IT systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
Use of analytics
We use analytics tools on our website and services. For example, we use tools such as Google Analytics to analyze and improve our suite of product features, website content, knowledge center content and marketing campaigns.
Use of targeted advertising
We use targeted advertising tools to advertise our services, including (but not limited to):
- Google Analytics
- Facebook (including Instagram)
- Google Ads
We use these tools to deliver relevant content to you in marketing communications (where applicable), and to measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may include links to social media platforms and other websites. If you follow a link to any of these platforms or websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their platforms or websites.
Securing your data
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved.
We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Nevertheless, any data transmission over the internet or by any other means can never be fully secure, such is the character of the internet, and provision of personal data by you to us is at your own risk. We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal data by putting appropriate technical and operational security measures in place.
When we disclose your personal data to trusted third parties (for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and our list of Data Sub-Processors), we require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your personal data, and we work with them to ensure that your data privacy rights are respected. Where your personal data is shared with a third party, it must only be used for the purposes for which it was supplied.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable data protection authority when we are legally required to do so.
Retaining your data
We may need to retain your personal data to satisfy our legal obligations, to deal with complaints and queries, in order to resolve, litigate or defend a dispute and to prevent fraud and abuse.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time and we will inform all our paying customers and users subscribed to receive communications from us of any changes.
We welcome feedback and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your data. You can contact us at: